Media player error???
Chris
2004-08-29 16:09:11 UTC
AppName: wmplayer.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.3473 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 45c7c033

I receive this error message advising a problem has been encountered and
media player needs to close. The above text is the info given under 'more
info anout this error. It is preventing me from playing any media files at
all.

Can anyone help.
Chris
2004-08-29 16:17:01 UTC
Post by Chris
AppName: wmplayer.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.3473 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 45c7c033
I receive this error message advising a problem has been encountered and
media player needs to close. The above text is the info given under 'more
info anout this error. It is preventing me from playing any media files at
all.
Can anyone help.
I have recently installed SP2. I have also reinstalled Media Player 9 to no
avail.
Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]
2004-08-30 13:05:29 UTC
You are running the media player Beta software. You can expect
problems like this, but please post them on the windowsmedia.beta
newgroup rather than posting them on general newsgroups, so that we
keep all the error reports together.

Now : You need to go here and *carefully* follow the instructions for
rollback of the player http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html#wmp10rollback

As you've added SP2 to the mix, your rollback will now be more
complicated and you might have to remove SP2 before you can rollback
the player.

Cheers - Neil